Makeup has rarely been more impacting than on Josh Olins’ cover story for i-D’s Livin’ Loud Issue. Working from a saturated palette of hot pink, raging red and electric cool blue, MAC’s Director of Artistry Terry Barber primped and preened cover stars Jeneil, Milou, Kirsi, Liu and Rose to futuristic perfection. To celebrate the season’s penchant for brighter, bigger, louder, Terry has recommended his Top 10 products for a hot summer:
1. M∙A∙C Prep+Prime Skin Brightening Serum – apply before base for a really plump skin.
2. M∙A∙C Studio Sculpt Foundation – gel like ‘hyper’ skin – really techy new formula.
3. M∙A∙C Brow Set – sets brows in an upward sweep – instant Brooke Shields.
4. M∙A∙C Haute and Naughty Mascara – two brushes – one very seventies feathery – one intense ‘fat’ jet black.
5. M∙A∙C Paintpot in Blackground – oily looking gunmetal cream shadow – very Helmut Newton.
6. M∙A∙C Smoulder Eye Khol – Blacker than Black soft khol – classic rock’n'roll.
7. M∙A∙C Ruby Woo Lipstick – Rockabilly matte red… tougher thank your average red.
8. M∙A∙C So Chaud Lipstick – neon red orange – very Waholesque chic.
9. M∙A∙C Pearl Cream Colour Base – futuristic wet highlights on the high points of the face.
10. M∙A∙C Prep+Prime powder – secret weapon invisible mattifying powder – super clean