Ambassadeurs is the dubstep, breakbeat, trip pop flavoured one man act, created by Brighton boy Mark Dobson.
Having played i-D MIX back in October, Ambassadeurs were one of the few acts brave enough to loft their bedroom gear to the Shoreditch Butchery space and play live in front of a crowd. Mark Dobson boldly experiments with sounds, creating a truly unique and refreshing noise that is garnering serious interest on the underground club scene. Juxtaposing his rhythms with atmospheric, ambient electronic instrumentals, combined with winding melodies and warped inaudible lyrics, Ambassadeur’s work is instantly recognizable. Tune into his exclusive mix, located to your right.
Top 5 facts about Ambassadeurs:
1. He’s headlining at Sebright Arms, London, on March 14th.
2. His debut EP on his own Lost Tribe label was supported by Diplo, Maya Jane Coles, Groove Armada, Om Unit and MJ Cole.
3. Remixes include – AlunaGeorge / Slugabed / Clock Opera / Kraak & Smaak / Nostalgia 77 / King Dinosaur / Pandr Eyez / Young Wonder / Yumi & the Weather / Feist / Aucan.
4. He was a chef in Brighton by trade before music started to pay his bills.
5. He has just re-recorded ‘My World’ featuring hotly tipped Yumi & the Weather for his album instead of the original sample.
Text: Declan Higgins