Bezzies since the BoomBox days, East-End PR prodigy Mandi Lennard and Game of Thrones goddess Gwendoline Christie spent their Tuesday evening hiding away from the chill outside but by no means kept a low profile as they hosted a basement bash and banquet.
Click images to enlarge.
Following up on plentiful requests for a follow up of last year’s Festive frivolities, toasting the launch of ABSOLUT Elyx and raising copper coloured cups to Christmas cheer, Mandi of Mandi’s Basement fame and HBO’s golden girl, Gwendoline served up a fifteen course feast to the likes of Carri Munden, Louise Gray, Pam Hogg and Roksanda Illicic as well as i-D faves, Judy Blame and Princess Julia at the créme de la créme of Dalston dining, A Little Of What You Fancy. All fun and games, the delectable duo know how to throw a cracking Christmas get-together so we get Mandi’s top 5 tips to hosting a perfect party:
1. The best parties are a shared experience, so make sure all guests feel included. Gwen and I did regular shout outs to key guests, which everyone loved and cheered. I think the only person we missed in the end was James Main aka Jeanette – eeek!
2. Be silly. Last year we threw fake tits into the air and whoever caught them could keep them. They were like little art pieces from The Hole gallery in New York. So we were shouting out: “Who wants a tit?” Another time, I had boxes of F*** stickers that we passed round to guests, saying: “Do you want a sticky F***?” Who can refuse?
3. I usually get lots of friends to DJ, it keeps things moving and upbeat – and for some reason, at this time of year, everyone loves a theme tune!
4. Introduce friends to each other. You’d be surprised who in your close circle may not know each other; everyone’s a bit shy underneath, so make the effort. Embrace your role as host!
5. Make sure you invite a great mix of work, friends, family. Don’t stick to one demographic of mates just because you think they won’t mix. You have to allow the party to become what it wants to be; don’t try to control it. Let go and enjoy yourself!
Text: Felicity Kinsella
Photography: Rebecca Thomas
From Left: Gwendoline Christie, Jeanette, Louise Gray, Judy Blame and Princess Julia, Mandi Lennard and Gwendoline Christie, Pipa Greenbank, Henry Holland with Jade Parfitt and Richard Sloan, Timmy and Louise Wilson