Piling her tumbling chocolate tresses up high on the album cover of debut release Devotion, Jessie Ware wore a dramatic, chic double bun. Recreate the look with i-D’s i-Do.
Famous for her soothing, emotive vocals, quintessential British rose and singer songwriter Jessie Ware looks every bit as wonderful as she sounds. Creamy skinned and doe-eyed, her rose bud lips and heart shaped face have fronted this year’s most influential female solo album. Produced in part by her mate, Brizzo’s finest, DJ Julio Bashmore, the achingly passionate PMR released compilation offered something new, containing certain qualities that had been neglected by new music since the late 90s. Perfectly straddling the line between mainstream and alternative, Jessie engages audiences of every age and musical persuasion. As personable to chat to as she is to listen to on record, Jessie is a pure pleasure to behold. Paying homage to the epic, trademark double bun, i-D recreated the Devotion look with Amber Rose Peake at Dalston’s Blue Tit salon. Watch, read and learn. This is a serious hair-do.
1. Straighten all hair to ensure the ponytail is flat, smooth and sleek.
2. Section the hair from top to bottom, whilst spraying lightly with hair spray and brush sections into a pony tail.
3. Secure the ponytail with a piece of elastic and apply a smoothing product, if necessary.
4. Apply the first doughnut, wrap hair around and pin. Make sure you hold a section of hair out of the ponytail for the final bun.
5. Apply the final smaller doughnut, wrap hair around and pin.
With special thanks to Blue Tit.
Text: Milly McMahon
Hair Stylist: Amber Rose Peake
Film: Zoe Bulbeck