Whip your grills out, slap on your snapbacks and find yourself a lookalike. This is aNYthing AW12. This is The ATL Twins. This is steezy.
Click images to enlarge.
Delicately dancing between pop culture, the NYC art scene and all things anti-establishment, aNYthing has long been churning out threads bared by those one step ahead of the game and coveted by all those behind. Keeping kudos key to the brand by shunning the glaring streetwear spotlight, the man behind it all, Aaron Bondaroff (A-Ron to his pals) has struck gold with his AW12 posterboys. Sidney and Thurman are the The ATL Twins, hailing from Atlanta (hence the ATL), they’ve topped Twitter trends and boy’d blog headlines for their brotherly love, their total inseparability, their gilded grins and a certain upcoming silver screen appearance. Starring alongside paparazzi protaganist Selena Gomez in Harmony Korine’s forthcoming flick Spring Breakers, and with a backstory primed to set pulses racing, they’ll be crashing Perez and hashtagging their way to the top in no time. As they front A-Ron’s AW12 aNYthing lookbook, i-D online scoops the exclusive on revealing the snaps.
The ATL Twins tips for staying steezy
1. It’s cool to see someone who’s got original style!
2. It’s cool to be influenced by people you look up to but find your own style, don’t straight up bite someone else’s steez!
3. Wear dope shit! There are so many corny ass brands out there! Maybe 1% is cool!
4. Be unique, go against the grain! Never cross dress! Meaning don’t wear a Supra Shirt when you’re wearing Nikes and so on and so forth!
5. Confidence! Be confident with what you rock and it will show!
Text: Sean Baker
Photography: Chris Clinton
See more from our versus series here.