The girl that even Google can’t gander on, Twigs is known, but unknown. Cover star of The Just Kids Issue, we’re here to shed a little i-D light on the soon-to-be sensation know simply as ‘Twigs’.
Click images to enlarge.
A sensationally secretive songstress, Twigs is the enigmatic young lady who’s excited critics, alluded the spotlight and starred on the cover of our Pre-Fall, The Just Kids Issue. Stirring up a scene across the blogosphere, she’s pricked the ears of the most musically attuned bunch. With Abeano comparing her debut release ‘Hide‘ to “a misty hot spring bath in an idyllic Japanese prefecture” and The Fader citing ‘Ache‘ as “undoubtedly one of the best songs this year” she seems set for pretty soaring heights. The two tracks released so far are accompanied by wacky videos directed by Grace Ladoja, each maintaining Miss T’s mysterious theme. In an attempt to dig up some deets on the allusive star we searched high and low and stumbled upon a certain instagram page. Going by the username of ‘oh_twigs‘, the mysterious beaut captures a bunch of Twiggy things. Donning our detective deerstalker, there’s a heap we don’t know about Twigs but here’s what we do.
1. She’s partial to a pirouette. Cutting a smooth rug and tearing up studio floors, dancing is her craft.
2. She’s got a whole lotta love for a certain fluffy-white bunny.
3. She’s a well-friended femme, listing i-D faves Kesh and Carri Munden amongst her pals.
4. She’s got time for Grimes.
5. She’s appeared on the cover of The Just Kids issue photographed by Matthew Stone.