Victoria Christina Hesketh is her name and electropop is her game. The blonde bombshell known to average folk as ‘Little Boots’ is back on the scene with her new EP, Headphones.
Little Boots began her solo career like any other street-wise-musically-curious kid. Getting years of musical experience under her little booty belt, after finding way to Leeds University, Victoria gained two things: a first-class degree and a membership to an all-girl band, ‘Dead Disco’. Dead Disco was her life for several years until she walked her little boots down the path of solo stardom in 2008. In the heydeys of social network superstars she quickly built a virtual following and with the help of Dead Disco’s producer, Greg Kurstin, her years of work grew into her debut album, Hands. Three years, various festivals and gigs and a few mixtapes later, Little Boots has released her new EP Headphones into the big wide world. i-D online caught up with LBs for a boot-tapping-electric-popping session and lifted Little’s lid on five top secret secrets…
1. I lose everything. I just lost my car keys.
2. I am a Taurus which is bizarre as I’m probably the most impatient person on the planet.
3. I’m half sure most of my family have genetic ADD, me included.
4. I used to play jazz in restaurant bars and casinos. Dark days.
5. I’m a mean baker. I once made a replica Roland SH101 synth from cake for our keyboard player.
Text: Lewis Firth
Film: Asylum Films