Rejjie Snow has an alter ego.
Click images to enlarge.
Going by the name ‘Lecs Luther’, Rejjie is the MC’ing, rap-spitting teen sensation hailing from the Emerald Isle. Chiselled cheeks and style savvy, Lecs’ big-hitting, YouTube igniting track ‘Dia Dhuit‘ shows Irish music no longer means rollercoasting with Ronan or a stool-off with the Westlifers. Influenced by Vanilla Ice, Duke Ellington and even cyberspace ‘frenemy’ MF DOOM, Lecs’s tunes are a fusion of smooth rhymes and mellow laidback beats. Lyrically laden with old school nostalgia and heavy with the kind of tempo you want to cruise to against a backdrop of blue skies, if this sounds right up your street, other tracks to tune into include ‘Harlem’ and ‘Shrine of Jehovah’. Keep your ears pricked for his Fish & Chips EP set to drop soon and in the meantime get familiar and feast your eyes on these fast facts and fine photos.
1. Lecs is a social media whizz, tumblring and tweeting every move he makes.
2. Lecs is a fashion savvy chap with a penchant for tracksuits.
3. Lecs is a lad who likes his ladies well-lunged. His dream woman is Rita Ora.
4. Lecs is a lover of all things cartoonish and it’s his fanaticism for Superman comics that inspired his moniker.
5. Lecs is a lyrical lothario, his words are inspired by the poetry he reads.
From left. Look one: Lecs wears shirt and jeans Martine Rose. Bandana Beyond Retro. Ring stylists own. Watch Lecs’s own. Look two: Hat and shirt Indscn. Coat Stone Island. Shorts Billionaire Boys Club. Socks Nike. Trainers Reebok. Look three: Shirt, jumper and coat Stone Island. Trousers Topman. Hat Beyond Retro. Socks American Apparel. Trainers nike. Look four: Jacket, t-shirt and shorts Fila. Socks American Apparel. Shoes Reebok. Featuring stool by East London Furniture.
Text: Rebecca Arts
Photography: Leonn Ward processed using Lomography LomoLab
Styling: Luci Ellis