Innocent and ethereal, Island’s latest signing London songstress Joyce is a closed book, full of potential.
Doe-eyed and long-haired, Katherine Fussey (aka Joyce) is the product of a creative household; surrounded by costumes, chorus makers and famous characters, this 21-year-old grew-up daydreaming. Heavily influenced by the mid 60s and anything with an icy synth, her references are obscure and her sound experimental. With Joyce relatively unexposed by the world wide web, i-D online went straight to the source to find out ten lesser known facts about the soon to be superstar:
1. Joyce adores Yayoi Kusama.
2. Joyce handmakes birthday cards for her friends and family.
3. Joyce is an impulsive buyer, she loves crazy hats and glasses.
4. Joyce lived in Paris as a child and learnt the expression “avoir le gueule de bois”. It means hangover but translates as “to have a wooden face”.
5. Joyce daydreams about everything.
6. Joyce has three tattoos.
7. Joyce is the niece of Bowie guitarist Mick Ronson.
8. Joyce has a father who was sound engineer for Roxy Music.
9. Joyce has Red Indian blood.
10. Joyce is afraid of the dark.