Step by step
1. Hands on hips! Start by stepping back slightly on the right foot and at the same time turn the left heel out. Then turn the heel in and move your weight slightly to the right, while shifting your head to the right. Then turn your heel out and move your head to the left and back. Repeat this step four times in total.
2. Step to the right, look to the right and do two pelvic thrusts. Then step the left leg back in to meet the right and raise the left arm straight, palm facing outwards. Look to the left and do two small body rolls. Then repeat the same initial movement you did to the right while stepping to the left and looking straight ahead. (keep the left arm raised for this move).
3. Repeat sections 1 and 2.
4. Then step to the left with the left leg and push the right arm in front of you, palm facing out. Switch arms (keeping both palms facing out) and lift the right leg. Step the right leg down slightly behind you and switch the arms again. Finally switch the arms one more time while sitting further into the position by bending your knees a little more but keep the back upright.
5. Step to the right and roll the right wrist with palm ending open and out. Close the palm and step the left foot in to meet the right. Repeat this on the other side by stepping to the left and rolling the left wrist with palm ending open and out. Close the palm and step the right foot in to meet the left.
6. Repeat sections 3 and 4.
7. Step back on the right foot and raise the left hip and then drop the hip. Repeat this move while doing the following arms: hands in fists, right in front of head and left behind head and then switch. Then straighten the arms in front of you and then open out to the sides, palms facing down, (almost like a swimming breaststroke action). They rise up to touch the head for three more hip movements and on the fourth hip you throw your head back and let your hands fall to your shoulders. Two more hip movements while your hands travel down to your hips. On the final hip movement you want to sit into it more and let the hands go straight up above your head and keep moving out to the sides in a large semi circle around you.
8. The right hand now comes to the hip and you flick the left hand in front of you, palm facing down. At the same time kick the right leg in front of you then land on that right foot the next count. Then flick the left foot in front and then step onto it. Then repeat the kick on the right left and this time land right and then immediately step on your left. Repeat all of these steps. [All these movements travel around in a circle anti clockwise ending facing directly to the right].
9. Clap the hands in front of you while lifting the right leg. When you place the right leg in front of you you’re going to bend the knee straight away and push into the left hip, while saying ʻnoʼ with the index finger of your right hand. This whole time slowly lean your torso forward ever so slightly.
10. Repeat step 6 ONCE to bring you back to the front and finish legs slightly more than hip width apart with your right hand on right hip and left hand in front of you, palm facing in.
11. Your hand flips from front to back while your head moves from right to left but keeping it in the same place. Finally step backwards on the right and simply shimmy away!