Top 10 Ways to Live Your Life
What do you wear when working out? On the Power Plate, walking whatever I’m wearing a dress or skirt. When yoga-ing American Apparel leggings and a vest.
What is your favourite healthy meal? A salad from my garden.
What do you do to treat yourself? Buy a pain au raisin from Sweet on Exmouth Market, which I eat slowly by tearing off each mouthful bit by bit.
What are your top five tips for keeping healthy and fit when time is short?
1. Even if you only have 15 minutes, focus and do arms or abs.
2. If you can’t get at least 30 focused minutes of cardio in then you must be good with your food.
3. Eat lean proteins and lots of grilled, steamed or raw green veggies.
4. Split your workout up, 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening.
5. If your workout has to be shortened make sure you turn the heat up or the air off so you sweat.
How do you keep yourself looking so fabulous? Very sweet of you to say so! I don’t always feel fabulous though. I try and include a bit of maintenance to my lifestyle and I never go out without make-up on – you never know who you might meet or where you might go!
Where in the world has the best charity shops? You can never lock one source as the best because by nature secondhand finds are random. If you respect the random, it will provide you with one-off truth.
What’s your favourite unhealthy thing to do? I am boringly healthy! Until recently it was always a rare sneaky rollie in the garden with a friend that smokes, but now I’m even more boring!
What is your favourite healthy meal? Vietnamese feudal roasted beef with rice and water spinach.
How do you keep fit? Variety is the key. Mixing up strength, power, flexibility and endurance training in the same workout gets me the best results and challenges every aspect of my fitness.
What should you eat before a big workout? A good breakfast would be an omelette with asparagus and salmon and l would drink orange juice.